Monday, March 17, 2008

so much blog, so little stuff

OK, I have a blog. Now what? Guess my first post can be a rant about how I have nothing to rant or post about! *serves up a delicious plate of irony* BAM!

Like it says in my info over there *point!*, my life currently lacks many situations that I feel are blog-worthy due to lack of time/funds/opportunities/etc. It's actually quite the conundrum! One of the things I enjoy most is just being outside, hiking and climbing around, taking in the awesomeness of nature, and satisfying the overly adventurous monster that lives inside me. And while this activity is mostly free by itself (minus supplies and such), unfortunately any adventure-worthy place is hours away from me. And therein lies my time and money (for gas) problem!

Two weeks ago, I went on a week-long trip for a class over spring break (yes, I signed up for a class that lasted my whole spring break) where I got to climb around on big dirt hills and tromp through the woods for five days straight. I was in an anti-adventure depression for most of last week after returning to normal school and life. That trip did make me realize that I was in the right major for me though. (Geology.) So if I get to do stuff like that at least a few days a month (or week if I'm even luckier) for the rest of my working career, I'll be one happy dood!

But yeah, that trip completely dwarfs anything that's happened in my life in the past few months... if not over a year. That's the kinda stuff I enjoy writing about. Sure, I could write about the random social experiences that I have, but I don't think anyone really wants to read about those since I could probably make a post about me sitting around my apartment sound just as exciting, heh.

So I'm not sure what direction I want to take this blog, but I want to do something with it. I feel like if I don't have a direction or reason for it, I'll never use it. I don't want to just rant about random stuff in it, as that seems old and cliché. I'm sure I'll use it to write about random ideas that come to me every now and then, but maybe I'll also use it as a reason to get out with my camera more and try to post a few interesting pictures every week. We shall see... we shall see...

3 comments:

Samuel said...

Hey! Shut up about my ranting being clichéd! Jerk!

Also: Welcome to the Blogosphere Of Righteousness, buddy.

Anonymous said...

Yes, welcome! Jerk!

:p

Sabu Atack said...

I sympathize with your lack of blogness. I am still trying to figure out how chr0no has new ideas so often.