Thursday, March 20, 2008

how you like these apples?

I feel that this picture represents the greed in humanity. The bright green of the apple reflects the money and economics that are taking over the true colors and reasons for nature.

No. Not really. Way-too-in depth art critiques make me laugh in the out loud fashion. This is just a really awesomely green apple!

Here is the original picture. See! Isn't that quite the green apple!? I pulled it out of my fridge (thanks to chr0no and Tacks for the advice on where to store them!) and was like "Woah! That's a green apple!" Unfortunately, despite the nifty bright green color, it didn't really taste all that special, other ones in the same bag tasted better. (I bet it really was all the money and economics in the soil instead of true nature!)

But as you can see there, the picture ended up kinda blurry. (The lighting wasn't that great and I was messing around with a zoom setting on my camera.) But I showed it who's boss! I quickly slapped it into Paint Shop Pro and smacked it with a super neat filter! Ta-da!

Despite the blur on the original though, I think both turned out decent for just a quick picture that I snapped of a between-class-snack. I really like the little bright green spots that showed up in the original, but the filter ended up looking more like I real painting that I was expecting, so I thought it was nifty too.

So there you go! Hopefully this silly and simple start will inspire me to continue posting and/or taking (better) pictures. And don't worry, future pictures will contain more exciting subjects than fruit on my desk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a seriously green apple. Seriously green!

Sabu Atack said...

Thank you for turning this pretentious sounding post into wondrous silliness. ^_^